Home remedies for Hemorrhoids
This article is about hemorrhoids, causes, symptoms and some of the home remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
Hemorrhoids: A mass of dilated veins in swollen tissues at the margin of the anus or nearly within the rectum. It is also known as piles.
Causes: Low fiber diet, aging, chronic constipation, pregnancy, tumors in the pelvis area, Obesity, Diet rich with processed foods and lack of fiber in food, bouts of diarrhea, use of laxatives, anal intercourse, straining during bowel movements, etc.
Symptoms: Pain, itching, pricking sensation, inflammation around anal region, discomfort, while passing stools with some degree of itching, bleeding through stools, a lump near the anus which may be painful. Hemorrhoid symptoms depend on the location of the hemorrhoids.
In the initial stage of Hemorrhoids, home Remedies are very effective. So one should resort to these to try and avoid surgical intervention.
– Soak figs in a glass of water overnight. Eat them early in the morning.
– Avoid fried foods, oily and spicy foods, red peppers, and excessive amount of salt and egg plant products.
– Do not sit on a hard surface for a long time.
– A paste made of sesame seeds can be applied over bleeding piles as an external treatment.
– Drink Radish juice twice daily with a little bit of salt.
– A warm paste of dry Radish is a good application in non bleeding hemorrhoids.
– Apply a paste of white radish made in milk on the inflamed piles to relieve the pain.
– Drinking buttermilk is very effective in piles. Add a bit of black pepper powder and cumin seed powder to it.
– Drinking a decoction of dried ginger twice daily is beneficial.
– Drinking a decoction of Terminalia chebula before going to bed is advisable.
– Drink a small glass of juice of coriander leaves.
– For bleeding piles, take the powder of dried mango seeds mixed in water or buttermilk.
– Fiber shows a beneficial effect on hemorrhoids. it helps to relieve the problems of hemorrhoids and to soften the stools. To get fiber, eat whole grains and plenty of vegetables.
– Bioflavonoids strengthen the blood vessels and relieve inflammation. They help to relieve pain and disorders of anal region occurring at the time of acute attack of hemorrhoids.
– Wear cotton underwear to prevent accumulation of moisture.
– Carrot juice and spinach juice is advisable.
– The juice of Bitter ground is beneficial in hemorrhoids. It helps to stimulate peristaltic movements. If one has flatulence issues this is not recommended.
– Apply some coconut oil on the affected area. It gives soothing effect for a short period of time.
– Eating raw cut Onions with sugar is advisable.
– Boil ripe banana in some milk. Then mash it and take this twice daily.
– Take ginger juice, lime juice, mint juice in equal parts. Add 1 tablespoon of honey to it and take this once a day. This is one of the best home remedies for hemorrhoids.
– Mimosa pudica– The whole plant is astringent, cooling, and antiseptic. Leaves and root are given in powdered form with milk to treat piles and fistula. The juice is applied externally.
– Ruscus aculeatus– This plant is also known as box holly. From ancient times it is used for hemorrhoids. It helps to shrink the swollen tissues. People that are Pregnancy, or have High blood pressure, and persons who are taking alpha blockers or MAO inhibitor drugs, should not take this herb.
– Sesamum is an Emollient. A paste of the seeds mixed with butter is used in bleeding piles.
I hope the home remedies listed above for hemorrhoids are useful to all people. In many situations it is advisable to seek the help of a Medical Doctor.
Dr. Deo is an expert Herbalist, a consultant and the author of this page.
All the information provided above and opinions expressed above should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. Any statements made above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed above are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.