Home Remedies for BPH
This article is about BPH, causes, symptoms and some of the home remedies that can be followed by all for better health.
BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia)- The prostate is a male sex gland. Prostate gland is a firm, partly muscular, partly glandular body that is situated about the base of the mammalian male urethra and secretes an alkaline viscid fluid which is a major constituent of the ejaculatory fluid. BPH or Prostate enlargement is the benign growth of the prostate gland. BPH is a condition in which an overgrowth of prostate tissue pushes against the prostatic urethra and the bladder, blocking the release of urine. In this article one will hear more about how to alleviate BPH conditions by use of certain home remedies.
– Pumpkin seeds are advisable. These seeds are a rich source of Zinc. Researchers show that pumpkin seed oil contains a compound, which helps to slow down the growth of prostate. The oil contains carotenoids.
– Soya products are also advisable. Soya based foods help to prevent the growth of capillaries, forming around the prostate.
– Eat tomatoes daily. Lycopene is a bioflavonoid extracted from tomatoes. It reduces dribbling.
– Zinc is advisable in BPH disorders.
– People should eat foods which are rich in Vit E like green leafy vegetables.
– Drink carrot juice.
– Spinach juice is beneficial for BPH.
– Flaxseed oil is often recommended for maintaining prostate health.
– Take juice of Indian gooseberry.
– Drink plenty of water daily.
– Take juice of Purple grapes.
– Avoid Caffeine, sodas, fried foods containing hydrogenated oils, alcohol, spicy and acidic foods.
– For relief of BPH conditions, Tribulus terrestris is useful. It is useful in painful Micturition and Crystalluria. It is also available as an herbal supplement.
– Zen mays (Corn silk) soothes and relaxes the lining of the urinary tubules and bladder, relieving irritation, improving urine flow, and its elimination from bladder. It is also helpful in giving relief from frequent urination and difficulty in passing urine, symptomatic of BPH conditions.
– Saw Palmetto is highly beneficial.
I hope the home remedies listed above for BPH are useful to most men. In many situations it is advisable to seek the help of a Medical Doctor.
Dr. Deo is an expert Herbalist, a consultant and the author of this page.
All the information provided and on supplements above and opinions expressed above should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. Any statements made above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed above are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.