Diarrhea home Remedies
The discussion in this article is about Diarrhea and remedies that can be followed at home.
Diarrhea is an abnormally frequent intestinal evacuation with more or less fluid stools. It is also defined as passage of loose, watery stools with increased frequency. Diarrhea is common in all age groups and we hope to look at some home remedies below.
Diarrhea mostly occurs due to infection in the alimentary canal by a virus or bacteria. If the sanitation is poor, then the food gets contaminated by Enterotoxingenic E-coli and produces Diarrhea.
Growth of bacteria in small intestine, inflammatory bowel diseases, infectious diseases, intake of polluted water, etc causes Diarrhea. Non -steroidal -anti-inflammatory drugs, Antibiotics, chemotherapy drugs also cause Diarrhea. The parasite Cyclospora also can produce this condition.
Symptoms for Diarrhea includes, Stomach ache/stomach pain, nausea, abdominal pain, fevers, headaches, excessive thirst, dry mouth, less urination and others.
Helpful Diarrhea home remedies–
– Increase fluid intake.
– Avoid dairy products.
– Add lemon juice and sugar to fresh juice of Indian gooseberry and drink it.
– Intake of Yogurt along with ginger juice is advisable.
– Barley water and Carrot soup is beneficial.
– Drink buttermilk after adding a little amount of roasted cumin seed powder and a little amount of black salt to it.
– In Diarrhea it is necessary to replenish potassium, which the body loses. Hence eat Bananas.
– In chronic Diarrhea, it is advisable to take Coconut Macaroons.
– Make a mixture of Dry Ginger with rock salt. Take it along with little sugar twice a day. It will help to reduce Diarrhea due to indigestion.
– Pomegranate juice is also advisable or can be taken as supplements. It is highly effective in chronic Diarrhea, dysentery, dyspepsia and colitis.
– Take powdered dry seeds of Mango, mix this with a little bit of honey, and eat it.
– Add little pinch of Turmeric powder in buttermilk & drink it or use Turmeric supplements.
– Mix fresh mint juice with honey, lime juice and drink it.
– Drink a mixture of boiled and then cooled water with a little salt and sugar. Sip it. This prevents dehydration of the body.
– Eat freshly cooked food.
– Cyperus rotandus is useful in Diarrhea, dysentery and others disorders of the stomach and irritation of the bowels.
The above natural remedies for Diarrhea should help most people. Again it is always advisable to talk to a Medical Doctor for this condition.
Dr. Deo is an expert Herbalist, a consultant and the author of this page.
All the information provided above and opinions expressed above should not be construed as medical advice. This information is provided for educational purposes only. Any statements made above have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Any products discussed above are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.